5 Things I Learned in 2009
Here are the 5 things I learned that contributed the most to what turned out to be my most profitable year in consulting yet:
1) I created a specific monthly income goal, reinforced it with a written affirmation card, and spent time each day visualizing and feeling as if I'd already achieved the goal and earned the income.
This was without a doubt the most important thing I did. The key was that I didn't know where the clients were going to come from, and I didn't have to - that's the universe's job. All I had to do (and did!) was set the goal and feel the feelings. This is the most powerful skill you'll ever develop.
2) I worked harder than I've ever worked in my business. I made a commitment to double my work time and that included cold calling on Friday afternoon, too!
I suggest you do what I did (and will do again) and make sure you write your calls down - track your effort. It will keep you honest, keep you focused, and give you a chance to measure your progress and success.
3) Qualify out the shoppers and tire-kickers. I didn't waste time with the non-buyers. This year I was even quicker (and believe me, I'm tough to begin with!) to disqualify out the non-buyers. If they weren't committing on my training programs, or if they were hesitating, I let them go. Period.
4) I was "of service". This year my attitude was constantly one of "What can I do to help this person or company?" I went out of my way to please, and it paid off. I recommend you go out of your way to help your clients and prospects - they'll feel it and respond.
5) I nurtured and cultivated my relationships. This year I found a way to keep in touch with my clients, to help them feel appreciated, and got them to love me more than they already do.
Mike Brooks, MrInsideSales.com, is creator and publisher of the "Top 20% Inside Sales Tips" weekly Ezine. If you're ready to Double Your Income Selling Over the Phone, then sign up to receive your FREE tips now at: www.MrInsideSales.com.
Labels: Mike Brooks
|Digg This!||Stumble It!|
Click on link below to post a comment